Friday, August 11, 2006

THE MOTION OF THE OCEAN…

Quick wrap up on the last week’s events, in chronological and highly satisfying order:

4 August: The Global Village closing dinner, it all ends with a bang and I get to shake hands with Lee Iacocca, drink apple martinis till 4h00 in the morning with my friends and start saying goodbye to some of the best people I will ever meet. Eish!
5 August: It’s a cryfest as the Village empties out, people start leaving every hour and it’s a pretty sad state of affairs. I don’t pack, preferring to spend the time with my friends. I keep my promise to Fico and that night we go to Bethlehem Musikfest and watch Alice in Chains live in concert. Wild – another good night with the knowledge that the next day we’re outta there.
6 August: Saying goodbye to Nancy and Agniezska, I go to New York with Catharina and we spend the night at Ivan Vosloo, the consul of SA’s flat. Fantastic place with an awesome view of the UN From the 38th floor! We have dinner in Chinatown and drinks off Times Square.
7 August: Say goodbye to Catharina, go for a jog in Central Park and go watch some improv comedy that night with Alfonso, Guili and Uri. Good stuff, and that night I say goodbye to the last bunch from the Village… it’s all over now!
8 August: After a bit of a tussle, I get my Mexican Visa and hop on the bus back to Bethlehem. We proceed to have a great dinner at Mary Fances’s house – we being me, Fico, his mom, MF and her daughter Rebecca. She has an awesome place up in the Pokonos and we rent American Pie: Band Camp and the last two episodes of Prison Break – man I’ve been wanting to know what happened for ages!
8 August: Me and Fico go to the waterpark Camel Beach with another colleague Sherry Buss and her kids – we have a blast, then it’s off to the Crossing, where all kinds of brand names have outlet stores. I shop at Ralph Lauren and Banana Republic to upgrade my t-shirt quality, and throw out some of my old crappy stuff. That night we have an awesome dinner at Big Daddy’s, then after watching another vid I drive back to Bethlehem with Beth to go stay at Sherry’s for a couple of nights.
9 August: Sweet!!! Sherry takes me golfing, this time I kinda have a duckhook on the four iron and I shoot an 87, but still a good day out. Sherry cooks up a storm that night, we have loads of good red wine and appletinis, and I have a great night’s sleep in her boy Tanner’s bed – man what a comfortable bed! Thanks Sherry – awesome!
10 August: Which brings me up to the present… I’m boarding the bus to Phillie in about 30 minutes, tonight I hang with my mate Kevin again, and tomorrow at noon I board the Empress of the Seas to go on free joyride to Bermuda with one of my schoolmates Quentin. Yep, it’s a tough life…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home