YOUR LOVE IS LIKE BAD MEDICINE... BAD MEDICINE IS WHAT I NEED!

So what can I say... except that Bon Jovi rocks!!!
So I've got these to-do lists right. Short term long term medium term, what when how. Among other things, there's the master list, which for the last three years, among others, have included the following to-do items:
1. Quit my job when I feel like I'm not having fun any more
2. Go back to the Global Village program in the States if I get the chance
3. See Bon Jovi live in concert
4. Learn to speak Spanish
5. Backpack through South America
6. Go skiing in the United States
Four of these I knew I would deck this year, but the fact that Jon Bon, Ritchi and the gang elected to come blow the roof that never was off Philadelphia Baseball stadium to the benefit of 40,000 screaming fans, was such an added bonus! Special thanks to Nancy Wallace for helping me get onto the net to find this out, and I got to share the experience with two gorgeous girls from the Ukraine and Panama - all good!
The story of my obsession with Bon Jovi dates back to the good year of our lord 1995, when I was more occuppied with drinking loads of beer, hanging out in Uncle Ben's and watching two world cups than studying. As a result, I failed my Financial Accounting exam at the end of that year. Luckily, the Stellenbosch system at the time allowed for a rewrite exam two weeks later. Unluckily... the exam was the day after Bon Jovi played Green Point stadium in Cape Town. So, with a hole through my heart, I sold my tickets and elected to study for the exam instead. Good plan kak execution, I ended up not studying, failing the exam - AGAIN - and missed the concert.
As a result, last night was HUGE on so many different levels... and this is a serious statement, considering that I'm having an absolute blast at work, I love the people I work with, the students are amazing and we never sleep!
But there's something to be said for 40,000 people chanting in perfect harmony:
"Oh, we're halfway there... ohhhoooh, livin on a prayer..."



2 Comments:
stop dit nou! jaloers genoeg! die hele naweek was mislike reen in die kaap, het sondag probeer om by basquille fest te gaan kuier maar was maar so-so, geen amasing excitement soos jy het op die oomblik nie!! Flip man, ma se Quentin kom in Sep terug - hoe lyk jou planne vorentoe? Ek is darem lus om jou te kom join een of ander tyd, laat weet maar hoe die planne loop, anders sien ek jou volgende jaar! Mis jou vreeslik, baie bly dit gaan so goed, chat later!
baie liefde, sussie
Hi Pieter
Als klink wonderlik en ek lees gereeld jou reviews !!
Mooi bly en groete
Ronel
Post a Comment
<< Home