"When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself"
I have a pretty good feeling today - the Village is coming to an end and the interns are going into reflective mode.
We had our final client presentation for my project team today - and after a rocky start where I really felt like the stronger team members would dominate, I really felt them come together as a team. For Pete's sake, they actually enjoyed spending time together doing it in the end!
Big successes: Miho from Japan popped out as a whiz on powerpoint after being completely non-involved at the start - Guili from China ended up to be as smart as a razor, we had some great conversations and she really pulled her weight in the end. Ilana from Israel, who has made a point of being pretty bored by the whole thing, was challenged in the end and had a good experience. I laid into Filipe from Portugal about halfway through the project for his laziness, and Ilana was the one who came to his defence and made it her responsibility to make sure the "weaker" team members stayed on board.
All in all, I've seen Yu Shaw from Belize really grow, as did Supriya from India - and Meng Meng from China, after also kinda being disinterested to begin with, really got on board.
so... feeling kinda good, it's nice to be involved in a process where the outcome is so positive, people really grow as individuals and as a team, and something powerful is learned!
Tonight we're doing the girlie thing - have decided my toes need TLC and will be going for a pedicure - we've told Fico from Peru we're going out for Beers and Ribs, so can't wait to get his machismo response to this little surprise... man we're having a lot of fun!
Tomorrow I wrape up my guide group meeting and am presenting a final Seven Habits course in the morning - not quite sure how many people will pitch up, it might be a challenge with the room...
So it's all good, only 3 days to go really and it's all over for this year, this is undoubtedly the best move that I could have done for myself this year and a great foundation for the next part of my grand transAmerican adventure...
Until we meet again folkds, take care of yourselves - and each other!
And remember... Chuck Norris doesn't go at the speed of light - light goes at the speed of Norris...
P



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home