INTO VENEZUELA!
So got off the plane, changed money, immediately bought an overpriced ticket to the closest city to Santa Helena in the south and spent a fruitful half hour chatting to a cute British girl before I took my next flight...
Taxi drivers tried ripping me off at the airport of course, so I walked the one kilo or so to the bus terminal, got my overnight bus ticket to the south and strolled over to the mall to do some research.
My research, done while pretending to read The Open Veins of Latin America and sipping a cappucino, revealed that yes the women in Venezuela are good looking, although they are not all beauty queen level... great glute action though, and after satisfying myself that this would be a good spot to hang out for a couple of weeks, I hightailed it outta there...
After three fucking overnight checkpoints and twice having to unpack my bags - do I look like a bloody drugdealer - I arrived in Santa Helena, jumping off point for treks up mystical Mount Roraima... and was duly informed that I was the only tourist in town who wanted to trek, no one was interested in hiring out just the gear and I had to sit on my ass and be patient until other would be trekkers arrived...
So I went for a walk, took a nap, discussed world peace with some French folks and had no luck... then three Germans got off a taxi at six that night, and we had a group! AWESOME LUCK, and the next day we were off....
So got off the plane, changed money, immediately bought an overpriced ticket to the closest city to Santa Helena in the south and spent a fruitful half hour chatting to a cute British girl before I took my next flight...
Taxi drivers tried ripping me off at the airport of course, so I walked the one kilo or so to the bus terminal, got my overnight bus ticket to the south and strolled over to the mall to do some research.
My research, done while pretending to read The Open Veins of Latin America and sipping a cappucino, revealed that yes the women in Venezuela are good looking, although they are not all beauty queen level... great glute action though, and after satisfying myself that this would be a good spot to hang out for a couple of weeks, I hightailed it outta there...
After three fucking overnight checkpoints and twice having to unpack my bags - do I look like a bloody drugdealer - I arrived in Santa Helena, jumping off point for treks up mystical Mount Roraima... and was duly informed that I was the only tourist in town who wanted to trek, no one was interested in hiring out just the gear and I had to sit on my ass and be patient until other would be trekkers arrived...
So I went for a walk, took a nap, discussed world peace with some French folks and had no luck... then three Germans got off a taxi at six that night, and we had a group! AWESOME LUCK, and the next day we were off....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home