Thursday, January 11, 2007

CUZCO!

Our young adventurer is back on the road! After a last night laying down some deep issues... you guessed it, Fico and I did not talk about world peace but rather about how to resolve our various complicated love lives while having some nostalgic wings and beer, I got up at 4 to get the 6 flight to Cuzco in the Andes, home of the Incas, and one of my favourite cities in the world.

I hung around for the day sorting myself out, after speaking to the folks realizing I need a visa for Bolivia, booked an evening bus to Puno to get said visa, went and popped in to say hi to our tour operator in town and ran into my tentmate from the trek up north Matheas and his girl, we duly got stuck into some good local food for dinner before I got on the bus...

7 hours later I got to Puno (bloody freezing), got me a room for the morning and caught some z´s. In no time flat I had been to the consulate, procured a visa and was on my way to Bolivia. 3 hours later I crossed the border, hopped on another bus and on my way to La Paz... this city is awesome, I didn´t even stop for a shower before booking my next day ¨Death Road¨Cycle trip...

Dinner with some lovely English and Irish folks ensured before I tucked in in anticipation for my next big adventure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home