Sunday, December 03, 2006





Hi guys and girls, quick update from the rocking country of Nicaragua comin your way right now...!
GUATEMALA WRAP-UP

I spent an amazing last ten days hustling all over Guatemala after Spanish School, along the way doing awesome spelunking, visiting the magical ruins of Tikal in the jungle, doing a horse ride in a rubber plantation, kayaking on the lake in the morning and spotting some howler monkeys, cruising down to Livingstone on a lancha and then eventually hustling over to Honduras to meet up with the gang in the Bay Islands... The beers were cold, the places beautiful, the people amazing and new friendships were formed... Guatemala rocks, I will be back!
HONDURAS SCUBA LIVE!

I have mixed feelings on Honduras... I entered the country with a truck driver, eventually made the ferry to the Bay Islands by hitchiking on the back of a pick-up truck in the rain (my halfjack Tequila limited the discomfort of that situation) and did a few dives on the island. Utila is one of the cheaper scuba spots around, and I guess it shows. Although I had some great dives (30m to a wreck was quite memorable) I found the customer service average, the people on the island only marginally friendly and the whole vibe just kinda... off. The weather was also a bit crappy half the time... This, however, was balanced out by the amazing group of people we were with, the crowd from the States including Magical Suzie the songbird, my buddy Chris, Joel and Mark the intrepid Aussies, my sis who arrived halfway through and some other cool Dutch and Scandinavian folks we met along the way. There was two magical days just hanging out on the dock in hammocks, and our last dives we did with a Will Ferrell lookalike, we had a blast! However, when it is time to go it is time to go, and we hustled our way out down to the Nicaraugan border over two days of sweaty buses.

I have been in a pretty lousy funk for a few days now due to some inexcusable behaviour on the island, I do think The Big Guy has punished me enough yesterday and the day before, two separate children on two separate buses puked on me and peed on my foot, confirming that my karma is slightly off. Think I am rounding the corner now and my mood might be picking up, and so we enter a new country with a fresh start...


NICARAGUA

Only been in this country a day, but loving it already. We bumped into my buddy Frank from Germany again, we once again killed off some rum, hit the Leon nightlife hard and are full of giggles and war stories this morning. People are friendly, girls are good looking (Chris will confirm this) and the vibe is pretty good. And we are just about on our way to go sandboard down a volcano, so gotta cut this short!"!!!



Take care of yourselves, be good, and if you can`t be good, be good at it!
--
Pieter

www.coveyfan.blogspot.com

The length of the journey doesn't matter... it is only the first step that is difficult!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home