Saturday, December 23, 2006


AN ODE TO THE BEST OF TIMES

In the year 2006
At first I felt my head was made of bricks
My work no longer fulfilled me
This was plain for all to see

I had an itch, and when I scratched
An offer came that my dreams it matched
So quit my job, I did at last
And flew to Global Village, my worries past

The best gig ever, I´ll tell you so
Friendship learning teaching all in one go
A perfect platform to go do my thing...
Bon Jovi, Spanish learning and travelling...

With the team, Chuck Norris did his act
Fico and Nancy did the thing,,, the thing with the finger, that was our pact!
We saw some concerts, had some drinks
It was an awesome summer, one of my best methinks!

With old friend Quentin I cruised a while
Scuba and golf in Bermuda... we got some style!
With old friend Ricky we had a blast
In Mexico City life is fast!

With Sujin I conquered Mexico
Saw ancient ruins, volcanic peaks and mercados all over the show
I did a scuba and that was COOL...
Then got on a bus to go find a meditation school!

In Guatemala I met my boy Chris
Down at the Lake we cooked and jabbed with a great crew... it was pure bliss
Between Yoga and Meditation Dark Fern´s voice
Bewitched us all, and stripped me of choice

After silence, and losing two stone
I chased down Spanish School in Xela, to bad grammar I was prone
We learned we laughed, we danced some more
I even taught some devil kids... something I had never done before!

Now ready for more, I hit the road
To cave exploring and in ruin mode
Tikal, Rio Dulce, beatiful sights
Guatemala is my favourite, and by rights!

Honduras I entered on the back of a truck
The rain was no bother, with Tequila it´s just luck
I made the ferry to Utila, and all my mate were there...
Dark Fern, Lakewalker, the irrepressible pair

My sis also came, and we scubad up a storm
Or laid in some hammocks, true to backpacker form
Then Sis and me, along with my boy
Hit the road to Nicaragua, those buses were no joy!

In Leon Chris got lucky, with a gorgeous local no less
We allocated some time to ensure his success
We sped down volcanoes, and drank too much rum
I blame Frank the German, now that guy is fun!

On to the Isla, where we chilled out some more
Unless you count my injuries, this I implore
The roads were bad, and the sun got the boot
I fell of my bicycle, and the lift home was a hoot!

In time we reached Costa Rica, that country is big!
Where we did the tourist gig
We swung through jungles and rafted - you dig?
Then we splurged on a nice hotel, and had us som wine...
With room service it`s a whole new way to dine!

As sis departed, I got on a bus
To Granada in Nicaragua and Susie... there was much to discuss
Entonces this last week was pure happy I´ll say
We have parted ways, and it saddens me all day

She has gone north, and I have gone south
Now am in Lima, South America has me foaming at the mouth
A new adventure, and I am starting in style
With the legend Fico, who - in party terms - can run the Pisco mile!

To all my family and friends, wherever you are
Thanks for all you have meant to me this year, and guiding my star
My journey continues, where it leads I can´t know
But over Christmas, I shall be happy... although I don`t think it will snow!

So take care of yourselves, and for the holidays, keep living big
I look forward to our next opportunity to take a big swig
From the fountain of life, an addictive brew
Friends and family... you guys are my crew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home