The Mad Adventures of Pepe Le Pee….
“Cuando buscas el bien en las otros, descrubimos lo major de te mismo”

-When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself…
Now, someone PLEASE tell me how I make this advice applicable to my weekend.
Ok, so here´s the deal:
THE TIME: Late afternoon at my place Saturday (being Ricardo´s weekend house in Cuernavaca and my base for studying Spanish, which is coming along quite nicely thank you very much).
THE PLACE: Kick ass house with barbeque, ensue phone call from Ricardo telling me that he is coming through with a few mates… a few mates turn out to be 3 guys 10 girls, how the hell can you lose with these odds? Some other time please Ricardo, I have already identified your friend that I like and other distractions unnecessary… but hey, one does need to be solid host!
THE PROCESS: Buy loads of booze, meat and charcoal, wisely leave Mexican Braai procedure to resident expert Gorge so I can concentrate on feeding all the girls welcome tequilas. Am getting along quite nicely with gorgeous newcomer Dani when crowd pleaser and home favourite Blanca appears, effectively sealing off attention span for rest of evening.
KEY ELEMENTS TO SUCCESSFUL EVENING: Good friends, good Chilean red wine, excellent Tequila balanced by lots of water drank en medio, a bit of Spanish Linguistic practice enhanced by slow Mexican tunes, some Whitney, beautiful evening by pool, stunningly beautiful company.
HEALTH WARNINGS TO ATTACH TO MEXICAN PARTIES: Watch out for seemingly harmless elderly neighbour who still lives with mother. Should have been forewarned by excessive questions round feasibility of interracial marriages in South Africa on previous evening. Aptly named Pepe, his alcohol tolerance levels are indecently exposed by 3 in the morning, as evidenced by him casually wetting himself while chatting to us – sitting on my couch! Damage control is swift, but he does it AGAIN 10 minutes later while chatting outside! I even feel guilty when I coerce him back to his place, and turns out he can´t find his key and has to walk round to front door or wake up 80-something mother…

Needless to say, pant-wetting elderly gentlemen serve as most excellent passion killers, ranking right up there with dead mice, English humour and the Bush Administration.
Will make flash escape to Mexico City on Wednesday for key Birthday celebration, sans potential pantwetters! In the interim will concentrate vividly on socio-political debate with other neighbours in Spanish, giving 110% in class (I am now flying solo in both morning sessions, which is great) and fighting off impending highly irritating slight cold by killing it with dosage of Vitamin C.
Hasta luego!
“Cuando buscas el bien en las otros, descrubimos lo major de te mismo”

-When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself…
Now, someone PLEASE tell me how I make this advice applicable to my weekend.
Ok, so here´s the deal:
THE TIME: Late afternoon at my place Saturday (being Ricardo´s weekend house in Cuernavaca and my base for studying Spanish, which is coming along quite nicely thank you very much).
THE PLACE: Kick ass house with barbeque, ensue phone call from Ricardo telling me that he is coming through with a few mates… a few mates turn out to be 3 guys 10 girls, how the hell can you lose with these odds? Some other time please Ricardo, I have already identified your friend that I like and other distractions unnecessary… but hey, one does need to be solid host!
THE PROCESS: Buy loads of booze, meat and charcoal, wisely leave Mexican Braai procedure to resident expert Gorge so I can concentrate on feeding all the girls welcome tequilas. Am getting along quite nicely with gorgeous newcomer Dani when crowd pleaser and home favourite Blanca appears, effectively sealing off attention span for rest of evening.
KEY ELEMENTS TO SUCCESSFUL EVENING: Good friends, good Chilean red wine, excellent Tequila balanced by lots of water drank en medio, a bit of Spanish Linguistic practice enhanced by slow Mexican tunes, some Whitney, beautiful evening by pool, stunningly beautiful company.
HEALTH WARNINGS TO ATTACH TO MEXICAN PARTIES: Watch out for seemingly harmless elderly neighbour who still lives with mother. Should have been forewarned by excessive questions round feasibility of interracial marriages in South Africa on previous evening. Aptly named Pepe, his alcohol tolerance levels are indecently exposed by 3 in the morning, as evidenced by him casually wetting himself while chatting to us – sitting on my couch! Damage control is swift, but he does it AGAIN 10 minutes later while chatting outside! I even feel guilty when I coerce him back to his place, and turns out he can´t find his key and has to walk round to front door or wake up 80-something mother…

Needless to say, pant-wetting elderly gentlemen serve as most excellent passion killers, ranking right up there with dead mice, English humour and the Bush Administration.
Will make flash escape to Mexico City on Wednesday for key Birthday celebration, sans potential pantwetters! In the interim will concentrate vividly on socio-political debate with other neighbours in Spanish, giving 110% in class (I am now flying solo in both morning sessions, which is great) and fighting off impending highly irritating slight cold by killing it with dosage of Vitamin C.
Hasta luego!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home