Tuesday, October 10, 2006



Guatemala- PHASE 1

So I got across the border in one piece, and we were off to Panajachel Gautemala. The journey started at about 8 in the morning in San Cristobal Mexico, and we got there only about 5 in the evening... so it was a big slog! But the scenery is beautiful, the people on the bus were very friendly and I had a blast. Stayed only one night in Panajachel before heading off to Antigua for a really good time...

So Antigua is this impossibly picturesque town surrounded by volcanoes. I promptly booked a tour to see some lava flow action up real close from a volcano that started erupting again in April this year... cool stuff! Met some nice people and ended up doing a massively difficult mountain bike the next day with mate Chris from England. It was 9km of uphill, then a quick downhill... providing you are an expert, which we are... NOT. Man it was technical, we wiped out a few times but no broken bones...
















So I had a great time physically, and the youth hostels were also a blast. First night I stayed in Jungle Party Hostel, there was no party however so I elected to trail the smoking hot California girls that moved to the Black Cat. The Black Cat, just down the road, is where it´s at...

Entonces, the next day I spent the whole evening in the hostel, meeting nice people, having a monster nachos after my mountain biking ordeal and drinking dead cheap whiskeys. In amongst the activity I convinced new mate Chris from Colorado (this time an American) to come be a hippy with me in San Marcos. He was in, and the next day we set off on a new gradient...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home