Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hi sports fans!

1. Argentina rocks. Great steak, awesome wine, beautiful country and gorgeous people. I want to emigrate, buy a flat or invade with a small force of mercenaries. Still have to decide which option.
2. Have visited amazing Iguazu falls, awesome Buenos Aires (my boy Fico is right - the architects of that town knew their stuff) and the Mendoza Wine Festival. Every place is better than the last, but I do need to stop eating or will start to look like Maradonna (not the Hand
of God version, the current fatso).
3. My Spanish is still awful, but I have decided to meditate on the fiasco that has been my learning experience by hitting the mountains again for a few days in amazing Bariloche. Hopefully the subjunctive tense will become clearer at altitude.
4. Bariloche, by the by, is like Switzerland - and that includes the chocolate on offer, but not the pricing. I just enjoyed a superb lasagne and appropriate beverage for $5.
5. Have temporarily split up from my Boy Blue (that would be Chris Warner, otherwise known as the Lakewalker) who wanted to go to Santiago Chile - Twice last year! But we will hook up again in Patagonia... shake and bake!
6. I have had a shave and a haircut, and a visit to the laundramat has ensured I once again smell like a winner. After detoxing the bod I should once again feel like one too.
7. Check out the blog www.coveyfan.blogspot.com for really really
ridiculously good looking pictures of nature, steaks and my BA Spanish teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home