tranquil spot of Mendoza for their annual wine festival, I can
honestly say that I like this place even better! Why?
THE FAMED BEAUTIES OF MENDOZA
The wine festival is less of a boozing experience than a prolonged
beauty pageant, therefore the weekend is a prolonged beauty parade
which can be enjoyed from a sidewalk cafe while the rafts come by. A
fine Malbec and ogling gorgeous Argentinian women all day... pinch me I am dreaming.
WINE EXPOS
We did make some time, however, to sample much of the fine local
produce at the expo, this was duly served up by more gorgeous
Argentinians and with my Boy Blue and new sidekick Isabel, we had an
absolute hoot! Most of the wines were temperamental with just a hint
of distinction, this is a proven fallback comment which has never failed me...
THE HOSTEL THAT NEVER SLEEPS
We just had to live in the noisiest hostel in the whole of Argentina,
the good thing is that everyone spoke Spanish and were superfriendly,
which helped us practice our linguistic skills over a great barbeque,
sleep was not big however. We changed on the last night to a more
tranquil place, and then proceeded to stay up all night anyway and not even sleep there. Go figure...
KEEPING IT GREEN
Even more so than the gorgeous women and fine dining, the parks in
Mendoza really made an impression, we spent a whole Sunday just
hanging out in the main park, but you can easily pass the time in any
of their gorgeous plazas sampling the local food, listening to
Bolivian pan pipe bands or just getting busy on the lawn in front of the main fountain. Love it!
RAFTING RAPELLING AND GOOD LOOKING LOCALS
In between other events, there was the odd river rafting expedition, coupled with some rappelling action... more pics to follow! The river was good and the company better!
All I have to say on this totally awesome day... start at the end, so
by the time you have visited the 7th wine farm you only have a couple
of kilos of cycling left. That was hard enough as it is... with Chris,
his mate Ben and Isabel as our core wine expert crew, we picked up a
whole possy by the end there and had us a proper party at the last
farm, which kinda pulled through to 5h30 the next morning. INSANE!
MOVING ON
Before I get completely sucked in by this awesome place, I packed up
and shipped out to next stop Bariloche. This implied saying goodbye to
my Boy after a great five weeks of traveling together as he is going
to Santiago first, still, I suspect Warner and I will see each other
again sooner than we think...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home