Homesick!
to Santiago, taking about 20 hours to check out the inside of the
hostel and have to many glasses of red wine with fellow travelers, I
got on the bus to Cordoba Argentina.
The city, while appealling, lacked something. So after careful
consideration, I summarized that it was Afrikaans culture. My
unexpected attack of the blues is easily attributed to traveling on my
own once again for a couple of days.
I immediately came upon an excellent remedy> Buy some peanuts and a
bottle of chardonnay, board up the tv room in the hostel, put the
volume on high, get pissed on my own and watch a DVD my dad had sent
me of the best and the boldest of Afrikaans musicians.
I laughed, I cried (not kidding) and was beset by the greatest attack
of homesickness since Napolean got banned to that island. When the
boys and the girls sang Lisa se Klavier in four languages... hey, I
almost broke.
So resting the urge to buy a ticket straight back home in time for the
KKNK *our local music fest* I think what I will do instead is go out,
get royally drunk, cry a little bit and hit on some innocent local
university student. My Spanish does improve with the vino....
For you folks who are actually back home, get your ass to the KKNK, go
watch Pieter Smith belt out his own version of Pinnochio and have a
slow one on me...
--
Pieter
The length of the journey doesn't matter... it is only the first step
that is difficult!

1 Comments:
Chardonnay ChardoNOU! hehe... Sterkte met die blues... ons het almal besluit om die KKNK 'n mis te gee vir eers - sienende dat dit net nie dieselfde sal wees sonder jou... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home