BUENOS AIRES!!!

3. Most significantly, I found an awesome Spanish School and had a great experience this week. I would love to say that it is because I am now a Subjunctive tense Jedi Master, but the honest truth is that in my group I was surrounded by cuties, none moreso than our ridiculously attractive teacher Veronica. I have no idea how good a teacher she is, my concentration was just not on my homework... still, luckily they did shifts and my second session teacher every day was pretty good and looked like a teacher and not a Latin Pamela Anderson, therefore I did get a bit of an idea on what past tense to use when...
So it has been a great week. Did I see a lot of sights? NO! Did I visit any museums? NO! Did I stay in a nice hostel? NO! But with just the right mix of being a good productive little nerd in the daytime, a honest little party animal at nighttime and restraining myself from hitting on my Spanish Teacher (this was a stretch, but I managed it) and temporarily hooking up with a cute fellow traveler from California, I had an awesome time, even catching a tango show...
Now we are onward and upward to Mendoza and the wine festival on the overnight bus, this weekend will be the last of the partying before we buff up again for some serious hiking down south in Patagonia and the Andes...
I was going to put on an aerial picture I stole from the net, but I decided my stay in Buenos Aires can best be summed up by these three most favourite things...
1. FANTASTIC steaks at ridiculously cheap prices, good atmosphere in the restaurants and heaps of gungho backpackers around to help drink the copious amount of amazingly good and cheap wine on offer. This place offers first world culinary experience at third world pricing, man it has been awesome for a South African boy like myself...

2. Did I mention the wine? Damn, here me and Chris are taking a break from the Spanish with a $2 bottle of excellent dry white...
Bye Bye Buenos, might see you soon, damn I might buy a flat here!

1 Comments:
high, wat 'n great experience! kyk mooi na jouself pietman xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home