After only one day learning exactly why Irishmen are feared as world class beer drinkers, I made the wise decision to check in on the health goals and go trekking. Feeling rugged, manly and solitary, I bouth a map, hired a sleeping bag and set off into the mountains.
From here on the pictures speak for themselves. Day 1 I was filled with an incredible joy and energy to be in the mountains again, as I approached the snowline I had a trememdous sense of God and Creation, and was even more energized. Maybe the kitty that decided to go to sleep on my book while I was journalling was the Big Guy channelling, telling me that he enjoyed this time with me too...
Met a really cool and ridiculously good lookin couple in the Refuge where we all slept (He is from Germany, she from the States, met in Costa Rica, now together in Argentina... that old story) and we had a great discussion on the nature of integrity before nodding off.
I hiked part of the track with them on day 2... 2 immense climbs was followed by just an amazing view of the valley, we descended back down into this valley, traversed and then went across another mountain range to our next stop... about 5 hours hiking in total. Another awesome day!!!
Day 3 was downhill, but man am I tired. About 27km´s of walking later we got the bus, and tonight I am treating myself to a fondue and some good red wine. My Boy Blue has pulled in to town with two cute Germans, things seem to be getting better and better all the time...
So we topped off the fantastic three days in the mountains with an absolutely debaucherous night of Rocquefort fondue, Trapiche Malbec, good company and penalty shots for losing our bread in the cheese. Blue and German cuties joined us for the event, was AWESOME! They have gone off to do the trek, while I am licking my wounds for a c ouple of days before we head off to Hippyvale, otherwise known as El Bolson. Will let you know how that goes...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home