THOUGHTS AND REFLECTIONS
Sunday night in Xela, I just had a good cup of McCoffee and am about to get stuck into my final bit of homework for School tomorrow- some sentences utilizing the -ir verbs.... but I once again have a sense of melancholy and thought I would pen down a thought or two.
The five days since I arrived in Xela have passed by in a whirl, essentially because of the following key factors:
Sunday night in Xela, I just had a good cup of McCoffee and am about to get stuck into my final bit of homework for School tomorrow- some sentences utilizing the -ir verbs.... but I once again have a sense of melancholy and thought I would pen down a thought or two.
The five days since I arrived in Xela have passed by in a whirl, essentially because of the following key factors:
- I had a soft landing as Chris has been here for a month, consequently I just slotted in at his terrific host family, and the social group at school which has been great. The week has been a whirlwind of parties, beer and good laughs, and muchos Espanol with the host family, they are great at helping one get it up to speed.
- Chris really has been a great buddy to encounter on this trip, he has once again set off in a different direction but we will meet up with the rest of the crowd from San Marcos in Utila in two weeks. It is pretty neat to encounter such great people while traveling, I guess that is why I travel...
- So after way too much boozing for Chris and Mark, the rowdy Aussie`s farewell party on Friday, and cooking up a storm - Chicken curry- for our host family last night, it was actually... strangely... very cool to spend today working on the Spanish, reading my book, catching up on some sleep and... well, having a Sunday.
- This week I plan to get back into some yoga, exercise and concentrate mainly on my verb conjugation, which sucks. Will let you guys know how that works.
The rollercoaster ride continues...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home