Tuesday, June 20, 2006


BON JOVI IN THE HOUSE!

So where do I begin...

Since my last ramblings, I feel like I've been on a rollercoaster ride that just ain't stopping. I wrapped up my stay in Phillie with Kevin and his friends, first drinks with some very fetching co-MBA'ers and then dinner with him and his spunky girlfriend Erin.

The next morning I had my last rollerblade down the river before hitting the bus to New York City - the City that never sleeps! Hooked up with Amy, the lady who put my head full of Guatemalan astral travel clinics, and we had a blast - saw the Producers, spent the whole night hitting bars and pizza joints, lounging in Central Park - it's a great town as far as cities go.

On Sunday I headed out to Bethlehem, and here the fun really started. I had dinner with my new boss, Bill Jahn, and our guide team - and how stoked am I about these people I will be working with over the next few weeks! For the last two days we started guide training, and for sure it's a bloody daunting prospect - but I can tell this is going to be amazing. The first interns started to arrive today...

And the big news of the day: Bon Jovi in the house! Have established that Jon Bon and the boys will be playing New Jersey and Phillie over the next couple of months, I actually have a choice of venues to tick this piece of unfinished business off my list. As some of you know, watching Bon Jovi live in concert has been on my to-do list since 1995 - the year of two world cups, and my abortive attempts at academic endeavour, including failing my Accounting rewrite - which occurred the day after the concert- for which I had tickets- and which I sold.

So I failed the exam, missed the concert and I've had a hole in my soul ever since. You might say I've been living on a prayer...

We will fix this oversight soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mooi man... dit was 'n laaaaaang pad na Bon Jovi! A: but what happened to the summer of 69?
ja-nee, ek weet. jy wonder seker... waar val die uit?! heheheheehheehee

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a gorgeous photo of yourself.................

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home